Monday, October 5, 2009

How would you like your meat?

Seeing as I cannot prepare my own meal in a dorm room, I will pretend like I am preparing myself a delicious and appetizing meal.  I went to the grocery store and bought myself chicken breast, honey, barbeque sauce, a head of broccoli, and a couple potatoes. After I come home from the grocery store I took out all of my items and being the cooking.  I first would mix the honey and barbeque together in a small bowl to make a delicious honey barbeque sauce to saute the chicken breast. I would take the chicken breast and put it on the grill for however long it needs to be cook without getting dry. As the chicken is cooking I would slice my potatoes and put olive oil on them with some seasoning. I would then put them on a tray and put them in the oven for an appropriate time. At the same time as the potatoes I would boil the broccoli and cook it until the chicken is done.  After the chicken is done being cooked I would lather it in sweet honey barbeque sauce, butter the broccoli and then salt and pepper my potatoes. After that I will eat my delicious meal I would clean up my dishes and that would be the end of my meal.  In Michael Pollan's arguments I do agree with him because he is right, it is so hard for us to actually pick out good foods when we are so bombarded with advertisement of different kinds of "good food". Like different kinds of cereals that have all the nutrients. I still agree, the meal I made actually was healthy and full of nutrients.  The meal I made did not actually falter my meal. In this article it explains all the healthy choices you can make to keep your body in shape and to make sure that you have a healthy living style.

No comments:

Post a Comment